The Journey of Faith Part 2

So the last few days have been kinda hectic! Moving plans have progressed suddenly more rapidly than we had expected, making it look more like we may be moving sooner than we had thought. So we made a last minute decision to head out to Oklahoma and Missouri on early Friday to look at a few homes. The night before, we had made plans to meet up with a realtor in OK and have her show us around to a few homes we’d been looking at. Let the adventure begin!

Day 1:

Friday, January 26th 2018 @ 2:00am

Fauquier County, Va, USA

The light comes on in my room and Dad’s voice, “Come on guys, let’s go. We’re already later than I wanted to be.” I lazily rub my eyes and reach for my phone to check the time. “2:00am? I thought we weren’t leaving until 3:00am?” I think to myself. My next thought may have had something to do with the Starbucks coffee I’ll be enjoying on the way, most likely motivating me to get the day rolling. I check to make sure everything I needed was still packed in my bag and within 15 to 20 minutes we’re in the car and ready to roll. We bow our heads and pray for safety on the travel and most importantly for God to go before and lead us. And then we’re on the road.

The first few hours are a little blurry to me, being only half awake and wanting to be less awake than that! I think I spent a part of that times setting up the iPod to listen to Audiobooks on the way but I’m not sure! 😉 Therefore I refuse to take any responsibility for anything I did or said during that period! Anyhow, the reason we left earlier than we’d originally planned is so that we could stop and look at a few houses in MO on the way to OK. So by the time it was light outside, we were in TN and I was looking at houses in MO and trying to contact realtors to show us to those houses. That’s when our plans changed…drastically.

At some point, we called the realtor who was showing us to houses in OK. I got a bad feeling the minute she answered the phone. (Our Tahoe is equipped with an onboard phone system. Connect your phone via Bluetooth and Voila! You have hands free tech) Over the course of the conversation, she told us that ALL the houses we’d looked at in OK weren’t going to work for what we needed. She apologized profusely and we got off the line. Now we were in deep water. We are now halfway to MO and have most of the reason we are even going out this way has just dissapeared. So do we keep going and look at houses in MO instead or do we just head back home?

We stopped at a little country outdoorsman shop in TN and went in to take a Bathroom break. I was the last to use the restroom and when I came out Dad was talking to a guy who struck me as being the manager. (I don’t know if he was or not, that’s just the impression I got.) He said later that he felt God was clearly telling him to talk to this guy. We don’t know why and may never know why but that’s what he did. He gave us the name of a realtor in the area and told us to give her a call. We did and she said she’d look at houses in the area that meet our specs. We hadn’t had any plan to look at houses in TN however, we had asked God to guide us and if that included talking to someone on the way, bring us to that person. So we followed that lead as best we could.

We made a decision. We’re going on to MO. We had made appointments for MO that night and since we weren’t going to be headed to OK the next day, we set up appointments for the next day as well. And continued driving.

Then came another change. By this time we were in KY and only a few hours away from MO. I was busily engaged in a game with a friend of mine, Dad was driving and Christina was researching how condusive MO was to dog breeding. The results she turned up, weren’t promising. She called a breeder and talked to her personally about the pros and cons of breeding in the state and that turned up disparaging news. (Plus the breeder was a little suspicious of Christina. We think she thought Christina was a Inspector checking up on her!) So now we are VERY close to MO and that’s not going to work either! We decided to cancel all the appointments in MO except the one for that night.

The other thing we found was that KY is much better as far as Dog Breeding goes and looked promising. So we decided to go to the one house in MO and then hit some homes in KY on the way back home. So far, the trip looked like it was going one strike after another. BUT, we told ourselves. We asked God to lead us and this is where he is taking us, so he’s got some plan for us in this somewhere. Plus, the Four of us, (Dad, Christina, Edge and I) were making good memories together. And lastly, we have a friend that was very pleased that we might be moving to KY because it is closer to them!

After looking at the house in MO, we headed back to KY, another 5 hrs away. And mind you, we’d already been traveling all day. While Dad drove again, I spent the first hour or two trying to find houses in KY we could look at. I found quite a few that looked really good! And I was getting excited about this because we’d be a lot closer to home then we would be if we were in OK. We decided on four we’d really like to see and I set them up so that we could take them in a route that would be most condusive to our route back home. We got into KY by somewhere around 1:00am and found a quiet corner in a car dealership (Ford dealership, we were the only Chevy on the lot!) Then we tried to get a little shut eye. The key word there was TRIED. I have concluded that Chevy didn’t have ultimate sleeping comfort in mind when they designed the Tahoe.

Day 2:

Saturday, January 27th 2018 @ 6:30am

Somewhere in Kentucky!

We got up later that morning and headed to the first property. We knew there was NO way it would ever work the minute we pulled up. The property was too close to the road and too many neighbors close by. And the second….and third…and finally the last one gradually got worse. They were nice houses but the area wasn’t condusive to the needs we have.


Sunday, January 28th 2018 @ 2:40pm

Fauquier County, VA, USA

We haven’t given up on KY yet, we’re just expanding our borders a bit. Personally, out of all the states we’ve looked at so far, KY is the one I’d most rather live in. (Outside of VA) But that’s not my call. That’s up to my Lord and parents. I don’t know for a 100% fact that God want’s us to move, if it was me, I’d almost rather stay here. But I do know what God’s will is for me personally. It’s to honor and obey my parents, and support them in what their decision is. Which at the moment is a hard road to walk, since on of the states they are considering, I don’t want to move to AT ALL!! If we end up going there, I’m going to really struggle with it. But I’ll accept it as God’s plan for now.

So to those of you who aren’t happy with us moving, I totally sympathise with you. “Cause I don’t totally want to move either. (Well, I’m kinda somewhere around 50/50.) So I just pray that through this whole adventure, God’s will is accomplished.

God Bless you all,


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *