Name them one by one…….. Our family has a pad that we write things down on that hangs on the refrigerator . Well, every time we write on something on it (mostly food needs), you always see the title“Count your blessings.” (This is what caused me write this post )So, let’s do that!!
One huge blessing in my life is my family. Now, some may say, “What, your family?!” Why my family is always fighting or something and yet you enjoy your family? Why, of course! God made each family different, so we can grow in HIM and learn things as a family. Some of our best times have been when we have been somewhere as a family.
One thing that God has been teaching me is to make your brothers and sisters your best friends. It is not always easy, but your family will always be in your life whereas your friends may not always be. Some of the people we knew back 2 or 3 years ago, we don’t even see most of them anymore and that just proves my point. God placed us all in a family. Each one of us he has a purpose and a plan for, so He could make you a part of His clan! So, as you’re growing in your family, your family is growing right along with you. Just remember, God is in control!
Another thing that always made me feel like our family didn’t do anything fun, was when I would compare our family to other families because of what I heard or saw them do something together. But, when I had or have these feelings, I need to count my many blessings and remember the times we have spent together as a family. It might be just one member of the family you can remember doing something with. When we decide to do this, then we can be surprised at what the LORD has done. So, count your many blessings name them one by one!!!!
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost Count your many blessings name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the LORD has done!”
Here’s a list that I came up with of suggestions on how you personally can come up with your own way to “count”or be a “blessing.”
1. What blesses you most? Is it encouraging words, someone singing or a nice note ? Who usually is the one who blesses you?(a family member or friend) Write down how this blessed you.
2. Write down how many times your family has gone somewhere or done something together like a trip to the museum, state, country, or played a game, or surprised you on your birthday with silly string and water balloons (not mentioning any names here, like my own or anything-tee-hee). So, you get the idea, right?
3. What were some blessings in disguise? (Oh, that’s a hard one!) How about leaving some friends you really liked but they weren’t edifying to you or helping you grow closer to the LORD? What about times when you really want to do something your way but you obeyed and found out later that was the best thing for you to do because it was for your good and HIS glory?
4. How are your parents a blessing to you; your sister(s), and or your brother(s)? Write down how many times you can remember that they blessed you.
Now, how can you be a blessing?!
1. Sing a hymn or special song while you work.
2. Encourage your family with a note or word of encouragement. (My special favorite
is to write notes and hide them so that family members can find them later).
3. Do something for someone like : the laundry, dishes, make a bed or two, clean up something for someone without their asking.
4. Always be joyful! This can go with being an encourager. It has a definite effect on the family!
Remember that as I write this, I’m encouraging myself to do and be the same way!! You can probably come up with more for this list, but here are a few things to start with! If you are blessed by this post, I would love to hear from you! It would greatly bless me!! (Get it!?)Also if you don’t think this is a good name for this post tell me.